Saturday, June 19, 2010

Little Changes

I've been working around the house a little bit, just finishing up a couple of things that I have been wanting to get done for sometime now. A curtain rod in the living room. This was more a money thing than anything else, you See this window is 210" long and I just did not want to spend the money on a custom ordered curtain rod. I had to get creative so I purchased 2 curtain rods from Target and figured that I would have DH weld them together, turns out that there was a sleeve that the two ends fit into so all I needed to do was take the two ball end's off two rod's and slip the ends into those sleeve's and viola a 210" curtain rod for under $40.00.
I will put the other panels on the rod for fall and winter but for now I just wanted the panels at the very ends of the window. we have a great view of the lake in the summer and I just didn't want to have anything obstruct it. Oh yeah and I got the back of my couch finished too.
It had only one button at the very bottom and I did not like the way it looked so now it laces up the back.
Also I wanted to thank everyone for their emails and donations for my Daughter in need.
I have an updated post on her situation here. they are back on their feet and doing well.
Thank you again for your support.
Have a great rest of the weekend!

No comments: